Monday, December 17, 2012

SONG (2007)


I set sail tomorrow,
Packing very little.
A bagel or two,
Leaving at dawn.

The waves beckon me.
Softly, coolly. Wind breaks the sea.
I leave my love
To find adventure.

When I arrive, I’ll say
Hello to all the usual friends:
Those who’ve died,
And some who are wondering.

Though, I won’t wander.
I’ll know where I‘m going.
When they ask me where,
I’ll tell them a secret.

I’m here to conquer the ocean,
I’ll say,
Become one with the rhythm,
And steady still motion.

Become soft, and change.
Always moving. Flowing
Above, the ethereal moon
Catches my eye.

When a worthy temperament rages,
Creating bass booms and
Stages of ego & despair,
I will be there.

When the waters consume
And divide the land
In one unyielding flume,
I will be there.

When the outcry of souls
Overpowers the sun.
When there is none left
To see such remorse,

When the sky is reflected
In deep, dark pools, When
Saints and seraphs seem nowhere,
I will be there.

When new stories told
Are carried through time,
Spilling from a jar of abundant joy,
I will happily be there.

(We all will).

They could be memories.
For me it’s a quest.
A piece of the universe. Well--
This is where I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment